Please be reminded that there is a TBOE meeting this Monday, 1/22/18, at 5:30pm.
August 17, 2017
Good Afternoon Colleagues,
This letter is to give you a brief update of some changes within the district over the summer months.
- Supply orders were blocked by the superintendent and business administrator. Building principals were directed to bundle the orders for discounts if at all possible. I am told that some items were restricted and will not be purchased. Some principals were on vacation and at this juncture, we have no way of knowing if supply orders will be received in a timely manner. We have contractual language (Article XXII A) to this regard. Please notify us upon your return if you were not consulted and if your supply order was altered.
- The Trenton Education Association has a negotiated contract that grants a summer hourly stipend for attending PD/curriculum writing ($36/ hour) or working programs with students ($42/hour). The district is not at liberty to offer professional development hours without compensation to our members. That is a direct violation of our contract. However, supervisor Leslie Septor has sent out correspondence to ask Math and Literacy Leaders to do exactly that. We have asked the School Leaders not attend the Summer Leadership Institute that the district is holding on August 22nd and 23rd. TEA will file a grievance against the district in this matter.
- The district intends to reopen Stokes School for a Therapeutic Transitional Program (Alternative Education Program). They have awarded an RFP to Titusville Academy’s Inspire Program. Their intent is to operate the program with an outsourced staff. We view this as another violation of our contract and will have an attorney look into this matter.
If this is any indication of how the school year will progress, it is imperative that you stay informed. Please ask for guidance if you are being asked to do something that may violate our bargaining agreement. Do not willingly and knowingly break our contract.
When you return to school in a few weeks, I am requesting that everyone work to the contract as this is a negotiation year. Please enjoy the last two weeks of your summer. We look forward to seeing you in September.
2016 Trenton Education Association Distinguished Service Award
Celebrating our retiree and our Distinguished Service Award recipients, Talithea ReneeandRon Sanasacat the final Delegate Assembly and End of the Year cookout. Thank you, First VP Twanda Taylorfor the great photos! Click here for more photos.
Visit ourProfessional Development pagefor
upcoming workshop information.
On behalf of the TEA Professional Development Committee
Kathy Graf, Chair
Visit our Social Committee page for
On behalf of the TEA Social Committee
Talithea Duncan, Chair
Visit our Membership Committee page for
important dues information.
On behalf of the TEA Membership Committee
Dana Oliver and Dawn Howlen, Co-Chairs
Visit our Government Relations Page to get the latest LAT Review:TEA Legislative Action TeamLouellen Smith MonardChris Werner
Progressive Science Initiative (PSI), Documenting Our Journey!
The TEA Association-led PSI/PMI initiative continues to flourish as the number of students making honor roll has quadrupled and students are well on their way to be prepared for AP and Honors leveled courses. Click here (http://youtu.be/2tNokc0ub1A) to see a video highlighting the continued success of the program
Need Help? Who Are You Going to Call?
Click here to find out which TEAm Leader you should call for your concerns.
Attention New Hires
If you have prior work experience, the Human Resource Department needs verification from your previous district(s) in order for you to have your salary adjusted. The following process must be followed:
1) Complete and sign a Verification of Professional Experience Form at Human Resources. You must have the name and address of the previous district(s), phone number, fax number, and contact person’s information in order to complete the form.
2) Trenton’s Human Resources Department will mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form to your old district(s).
3) Your old district(s) complete, notarize and mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form back Pam Owens at the Trenton Public School’s Human Resource Department.
4) Once received, the completed form will be reviewed in HR and you will be placed on the Board Agenda for approval of credit for previous work experience.
It is important that you do this as soon as possible, so that you will be retro’d back to your date of hire.