Press Release Regarding TCHS
Naomi Johnson-Lafleur is President of the Trenton Education Association. She released the following statement concerning recent reports that the Schools Development Authority (SDA) is preparing to move forward on construction of a desperately needed new high school in Trenton.
“We are pleased to learn that the SDA is finally acknowledging what has been obvious for a very long time: Trenton desperately needs a new high school. The current high school is unsafe, unhealthy and unsuited to student success. Our students deserve better, and we hope that they are finally going to get it. [More...]
Government Relations Updates:
Explore your NJEA Reporter:
- Page 1: “Christie waffles on pension payment”
- Page 1: “Governor calls for longer school day, year”
- Page 2: “Right to bargain 5-yr contract passes”
- Page 2: “Christie vetoes health transparency bill”
- Page 2: “Governor pocket vetoes health & safety bills”
- Page 3: “Local takes the lead on evaluation”, with particular emphasis on “Our committee was not impressed at all with Teachscape,” and “After meeting with Teachscape, our committee told the superintendent that we did not want to use Teachscape as it did not meet our needs and would be a waster of $60,000.” – particularly interesting in light of what’s been happening in Trenton and other Districts with Teachscape.
- Page 4: “Fight for Trenton HS pays off”
TEA honored at
NJEA Jim George Collective Bargaining Summit
Provisional Teacher Professional Development
Click here for a schedule of Novice Teacher workshops.
Attention New Hires
If you have prior work experience, the Human Resource Department needs verification from your previous district(s) in order for you to have your salary adjusted. The following process must be followed:
1) Complete and sign a Verification of Professional Experience Form at Human Resources. You must have the name and address of the previous district(s), phone number, fax number, and contact person’s information in order to complete the form.
2) Trenton’s Human Resources Department will mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form to your old district(s).
3) Your old district(s) complete, notarize and mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form back Pam Owens at the Trenton Public School’s Human Resource Department.
4) Once received, the completed form will be reviewed in HR and you will be placed on the Board Agenda for approval of credit for previous work experience.
It is important that you do this as soon as possible, so that you will be retro’d back to your date of hire.
TEA Leadership Check-in:
- TEA Leadership encourages our members to be informed of the implementation guidelines for the Teacher Evaluation Program. Please click here to view these guidelines.
- TEA Leadership encourages our members to be informed of the TBOE evaluation packet. Please click here to view this packet.
- TEA Leadership continues to work with the TBOE Office Curriculum and other TBOE Administration on the use of the Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching as our Teacher Evaluation tool. Members are encouraged to download Danielson’s free resource on this model here.