TEA Election Results are in!
Click here for more information.
Visit the PD page for up-to-date workshop offerings.
A message from President, Naomi Johnson-Lafleur:
Good Afternoon Teachers,
Please click the link for accurate information on:
Naomi Johnson-Lafleur, President
Trenton Education Association
Progressive Science Initiative (PSI), Documenting Our Journey!
The TEA Association-led PSI/PMI initiative continues to flourish as the number of students making honor roll has quadrupled and students are well on their way to be prepared for AP and Honors leveled courses. Click here (http://youtu.be/2tNokc0ub1A) to see a video highlighting the continued success of the program
TEA on ABC: Check out the ABC Exposé on Job Cuts in the Trenton School District
HSN – Trenton Coalition Cleans up at Parker Elementary!
Need Help? Who Are You Going to Call?
Click here to find out which TEAm Leader you should call for your concerns.
TEAm Member Anupama Benegal making physics look easy!
Government Relations Updates:
- Share your story: High-stakes testing: How have you seen high-stakes standardized tests affect your students or your own children? What can local, state and national policy makers do to help? If you’re organizing a protest or petition, be sure to tell us about it!
- TODAY, Thursday, March 26th, the New Jersey Assembly is voting on A4165/S2767, which protects students from “sit & stare” and other punitive measures imposed when their families refuse high-stakes standardized tests.PLEASE CLICK HERE to ask your New Jersey Legislators to vote YES!Please take action even if you previously contacted your legislators about this issue. Thank you for all that you do to support high-quality public education for all of our children!
Provisional Teacher Professional Development:
Schedule of Novice Teacher workshops
Attention New Hires
If you have prior work experience, the Human Resource Department needs verification from your previous district(s) in order for you to have your salary adjusted. The following process must be followed:
1) Complete and sign a Verification of Professional Experience Form at Human Resources. You must have the name and address of the previous district(s), phone number, fax number, and contact person’s information in order to complete the form.
2) Trenton’s Human Resources Department will mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form to your old district(s).
3) Your old district(s) complete, notarize and mail the Verification of Professional Experience Form back Pam Owens at the Trenton Public School’s Human Resource Department.
4) Once received, the completed form will be reviewed in HR and you will be placed on the Board Agenda for approval of credit for previous work experience.
It is important that you do this as soon as possible, so that you will be retro’d back to your date of hire.
NEA President Dennis Van Roekel and NJEA President Wendell Steinhauer tour HW and Robeson Schools with our Healthy Schools Now – Trenton Coalition to spread awareness of the deplorable conditions in support of ensuring our students and staff have access to a healthy learning and work environment. Click the photo for more.
TEA members and leaders, district administrators including the superintendent, and the school board have come together in support of implementing NJ Center for Teaching and Learning Progressive Science Initiative® (PSI®) and the Progressive Mathematics Initiative® (PMI®) at Trenton Central High School and piloting PMI at Dunn Middle School. Kudos to Scott Munro, TEAm member and lead teacher at Trenton Central who had previous PSI training, for taking on the challenge of bringing this initiative to light in the Trenton District. Scott was biology teacher who completed the physics endorsement before taking on a leadership position in the Trenton School District and knew the value it would bring to our existing science and math program. Read more here.